SAVE THE WORLD – AT A GLANCE
4 issues, 25 cooperation partners, 95 artists, 87 experts, 800 contributors, 8,000 spectators in Bonn, countless worldwide
In 2014, Nicola Bramkamp (curator, dramaturge, theater director) and Andrea Tietz (curator, producer and lecturer at the Hamburg University of Music and Theater) initiated the format SAVE THE WORLD in Bonn. In close cooperation with experts from academic institutions, research centers, non-governmental organizations and the United Nations as well as artists of all fields, innovative formats for the knowledge transfer of global topics of the future are being created for a professional audience as well as for the general public.
WHAT IS SAVE THE WORLD?
- A theatrical & artistic format for staging global issues and worldwide challenges with players from the world of art, science and politics
- We orchestrate and visualize knowledge
- We combine scientific know-how with artistic spectacle
HOW WE WORK
SAVE THE WORLD translates scientific expertise into art and creates the individual format required for specific events, conferences, workshops and lectures.
SAVE THE WORLD brings together artists and experts to develop innovative, unusual formats of knowledge transfer.
- Plays, installations, theatrical lectures, lecture performances, panels, talks, readings, sound interventions, lighting games, science slams, pecha kucha, workshops and more
WITH A VIEW TO
- To enthuse a broad public sustainably with the desire and inspiration for complex themes
- Raising public awareness for global interdependencies and sustainability issues
- To create a space of dialogue for global issues of the future
- Expansion of cooperations and networks with science centers, the United Nations, NGOs, cultural institutions and the media
WHAT WE OFFER
- Development of theatrical, interactive, cross medial and participatory formats for conferences and subject-specific events
- Consultation, conception and realization of projects at the interface between art and science; tailored to the respective event and needs
- Event management & implementation
- Press and public relations
- Concept development and application for funding